Three Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Personal Statement for Nursing
If it is the case you are only starting to write a personal statement for a nursing program, please take note of the following advice. This guide is designed to help you avoid three important mistakes that are commonly seen in these papers. In the event you have a draft statement already written, then you may find this guide useful for reviewing your work with a view to improving and enhancing it. The tips below are the ones an experienced editor is likely to give you.
- Make sure your personal statement for the nursing profession is not just "ordinary" and exactly like so many others.
- Remember to include any information that explains the preparatory work you have been doing in readiness for a nursing career.
- Remember to say how and why you are interested in nursing and what it is you love about it.
It is the primary task of qualified editors to review and to critique the essays and papers that are given to them, in this case papers belonging to candidates submitting applications for the field of medicine. These experts know how very competitive this field is. An applicant whose personal statement does not contain the three common mistakes described above, but is focused instead on the love they have for their chosen field, has a much better chance of being successful. A personal statement that is creative and highly polished will improve the likelihood of you being accepted, not least because it will make your application more impressive and memorable.
Tips for Writing an Application Essay for Nursing School
Application essays are a required part of the applicant process and candidates are expected to write them to be considered. These types of essays are also (sometimes) referred to as statements of purpose, letters of intent, or personal essays. Essentially, an application essay is a chance for the applicant to submit a plea to an admissions board to be admitted onto a nursing course or program. In their essay, the applicant sets out their reasons for wanting to join the nursing profession and explains why a particular program is a good way of realizing their long-held dream.
Therefore, it is crucial to understand the elements that need to be included in such an essay in order to make an application successful. There are many important aspects that nursing candidates need to remember, but one crucial thing to keep in mind is that an essay like this needs to be carefully planned. To ensure the success of your application, this means creating an essay outline detailing the most essential items to be included in your essay. You also need to be mindful about the length of your essay - i.e. staying within the word count - to prevent the admissions board discarding it. Where an application stipulates an essay should be 500 words or 1,000 words in length, this is exactly what this means - not less or more. Applicants should describe their life's achievements so far and what they hope to achieve in the future.
Additionally, the applicant should make the personal statement portion of their essay quite short while reserving most of the space allowed to them for describing any experiences or events that have helped shape them. Other sections of an application pack can be used to provide less important information. Do not forget that members of an admissions board get several essays to read. Hence, it is essential to distinguish yourself from your competition.
Make sure the structure of your application essay is sound. This means checking that the format, spelling, and grammar are correct before you hand it in. An error-laden essay can cause readers to think that the candidate may not be suitable for nursing. In addition, remember, shorter paragraphs are easier to read.
What You Should Include in an Essay for Nursing School
Application essays for nursing school should have these elements:
- Your reasons for applying for a particular nursing course/program;
- Things the applicant finds interesting about the nursing profession;
- Any preparation you have already done to succeed in nursing;
- An overview of the applicant's vision for their future in nursing;
- Most important personal achievements and things that have made the applicant stand out e.g. school scores, projects, and so on.
- Traits in the applicant's character that indicate they would make a good nurse i.e. strengths and aspirations;
- Any relevant experience in the medical field e.g. training, care of patients, internships, volunteer work, and so on;
- Reasons why the admissions board should award a place to the candidate.
Additional Tips on Writing Application Essays for Nursing School
An admissions or application essay serves the purpose of proving a candidate is worthy of being accepted onto a particular study program. The application format does not allow much room - just a few words - in which to give a personal account of oneself. However, whether you get accepted or rejected depends on these words. The tips below are designed to help you write successful application essays for nursing school:
- Choose a good topic for your essay: It is important that readers remember an applicant. So do not stray off your topic and support any information you provide.
- Be prudent when choosing information: Include only information that gives a clear picture of your previous accomplishments and future aspirations, and impresses an admissions board.
- Give the reader a clear picture of your life. An admissions board wants to see the candidate's uniqueness rather than boring and mundane information.
- Get readers' attention in the opening lines and make them eager to keep reading.
- Pay attention to the structure of your essay. It should have an introductory section, a main body, and a concluding section, and readers should not have difficulty reading or understanding these. Include a statement in the concluding section that will cause readers to remember you and your essay.
Application essays are a critical part of the admissions process for a nursing program. They can be the deciding factor in terms of whether you are admitted to a particular school or not. Therefore, you should create a plan before you begin to write your essay and ensure it is full of rich and interesting information. Something else that is important is ensuring your work is free of error. Your application essay is the only opportunity you will have to make a good impression on admission officers so use it wisely.
The role of nursing is often looked down on when it is compared to other study programs and/or jobs in the medical field. What is not always taken into account is how important good nurses are, how much study they have to do, and how tough their training is. Is it your aspiration to qualify as a nurse but you are unable to find a good topic for an argumentative essay for this field? In fact, it is not all that difficult. Take a look at current news items about nursing and select a fairly controversial subject with plenty scope for argument. You do not necessarily have to choose a unique topic. You can even choose a cliched and hackneyed topic and spice it up by exploring it from an interesting and unique perspective.
20 Possible Topics for a Nursing Essay
You should find a topic idea in the following list that you like:
- Describe what the perfect working relationship should be between a nurse and doctor - as opposed to what this is in reality.
- Are the jobs that nurses do more vital than those of doctors?
- Would it help if the government offered more incentive for men to join the nursing profession?
- To what extent do home nurses abuse power?
- How safe is home nursing?
- Nursing is specifically a job for women.
- The nursing profession commands more respect than that of doctors.
- How vital is the role nurses play in patient outcomes?
- How many nurses should be employed in an average-size hospital?
- There is a lot of racial tension in the nursing industry.
- How acceptable is it to impose extra working hours (overtime) on nurses?
- Doctors and nurses should receive equal pay.
- Do you think nurses are exposed to more health risks than other workers in the medical profession?
- Is it acceptable that nurses be permitted to prescribe medicines?
- Nurses and doctors should be allowed to have global visas.
- Which group has the greater impact on the provision of healthcare - nurses or doctors?
- Should nurses in the developed world be obliged to work for two years in still-developing countries as part of their degree programs?
- The quality of the work that nurses do is impacted by an increase in the number of hours they have to work.
- Nurses are sometimes portrayed in a sexualized way - should this be banned?
- Should nurses be allowed to bring patients' lives to an end where a patient is afflicted by a fatal or extreme illness?
If you want an interesting topic, there are several to choose from. Rather than taking a stance that is very obvious, add a unique perspective to your essay by choosing the opposite. Where possible, support all points with cases or situations and/or events from real life. The possibilities for exploration are many.
How to Get Nursing Essays at Affordable Prices
In the event you are struggling to complete an assignment because you have not got the skills or you don't have enough time, Order-Essay.org is here to help with every writing task. Our experts will assist with your essays in the shortest possible timeframe. You can forget about those nights without any sleep. Our company was set up to help people to write and format a variety of papers, regardless of what style you require. Whenever you want a helping hand with an essay, term paper, research paper, with formatting a paper, or with any academic task, we will happily assist you. This will give you time for other essential tasks.
We realize how overwhelmed students can get with the amount of assignments they get these days. This leaves them unable to cope with so much work. Consequently, there is a real need to give priority to these tasks. As a deadline gets near, there is not enough time to learn the formatting rules and citation style and this may result in a poor grade for a nursing assignment. How would you feel if you were given help with these tasks? Our company has a team of expert writers willing to assist every student in need of help.
When students are short of time, they often buy their college or university papers. Do not forget that our essays are available at reasonable prices so that everyone can afford our services. When you do not know how to format a Nursing essay or do not have sufficient experience, you can get writing assistance from us. At the same time you will have chance to learn about citation and formatting. The writers at Order-Essay.org have considerable writing practice and they are willing to help with any writing task. The papers you receive can be used as a template as you go forward with your studies.
With us, you have access to the finest quality writing help as well as a meticulous formatting and editing service. Moreover, our excellent services will not over-stretch your budget. Every writing task is completed in a safe and rapid manner, and we can even assist with very urgent orders. We offer a superb opportunity to get your papers written quickly and efficiently so that you get the grade, you desire. Ask our talented writers to get to work on your behalf.
Place your 1st Order NOW & get 15% DISCOUNT!